Dedicated Real Estate and Civil Litigation Attorneys in Philadelphia
If you have been injured or require assistance with your real estate or commercial litigation, you deserve high-quality legal services that will resolve your matter promptly and effectively. To learn more about the talented and competent Philadelphia attorneys of Richard L. Vanderslice, P.C., click their names below.
Committed to service. Committed to you.
From its Philadelphia offices, Richard L. Vanderslice, P.C. takes immense pride in serving its community. Leveraging 34 years of combined experience, we assist clients in the Philadelphia metro area with all of their personal injury, real estate and business legal needs. Call us today at 215.667.8070 or contact us online to arrange for a consultation with our experienced attorneys. Regular office hours are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and by appointment.
Richard L. Vanderslice
- California, 2002
- Pennsylvania, 2006
- New Jersey, 2008
- J.D., Vermont Law School, 2001
- Masters of Studies in Environmental Law, Vermont Law School, 2002
- B.A., University of Kansas, 1997
- Philadelphia Bar Association (Former Chair, Real Property Section; Past Member, Young Lawyers Division Executive Board)
- State Bar of California
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section (Vice Chair, TIPS Business Litigation Section, Young Lawyer Outreach and Plaintiff’s Outreach Committees)
- Speaker for Continuing Legal Education (CLE)
- Act 135 Conservatorship Cases at the Housing Alliance of Pennsylvania's Blight Summit
- "Pennsylvania's Conservatorship Law: An Effective New Tool to Combat Blight"
- "Avoiding Disaster at Real Estate Closing"
- 1031 Exchanges
- Foreclosure Practice
- Participated in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas Working Group to draft the general order regulating conservatorship cases
- Participated in the Philadelphia Department of License and Inspections Working Group
- Patel v. Byler – Philadelphia County – represented defendant Stephen Byler in contract action and obtained verdict for defense in amount of $25,000
- Bostwick v. Thomas et al. – Centre County – represented plaintiff James S. Bostwick P.C. in fraudulent conveyance and obtained judgment for plaintiff on appeal
- Palmer v. Catinzzo et al. – Philadelphia County – represented plaintiff Joel Palmer in Act 135 conservatorship and obtained title to subject premises in one of the first Act 135 conservatorship cases
- 10 percent of practice spent on pro bono work
- Named to Philadelphia Pro Bono Honor Roll
- Volunteer attorney for Philadelphia Volunteers for the Indigent Program (VIP)
- Judge pro tem for Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas, Mortgage Foreclosure Diversion Program
- SuperLawyers “Rising Star” (2010 – 2013)
- 9.1 “Superb” Avvo® rating
- Kansas City, Missouri
Anthony J. Caiazzo, Jr., Of Counsel
The key behind the professional personal service that you will receive at the law offices of Anthony J. Caiazzo, Jr., Esquire, P.C. is experience and dedication. Founded in 1965 by Anthony Caiazzo, Sr., Esquire, the firm has been serving South Philadelphia for over 40 years. The Caiazzo’s are truly the American story of success. Anthony Caiazzo, Sr., Esquire came to Philadelphia as an Italian immigrant when he was four years old. He could not speak nor read English. His indomitable spirit and intelligence over came every obstacle placed in his way. As a teenager he served in Guam during the Korean War. After the war, he completed High School on the G.I. Bill and went to the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School of Business and University of Pennsylvania (School of Law). He is still an active part in the practice as Of Counsel. Anthony J. Caiazzo, Jr., Esquire followed in his father’s foot steps and in 1988 upon leaving the Public Defenders Association of Philadelphia joined forces with his father. Learning to practice law the old fashioned way being schooled by a master. They have been working together ever since. Today they have over 60 years of combined experience handling a variety of legal services. From Catastrophic personal injury claims to Simple Wills. Anthony J. Caiazzo, Jr. speaks publicly at many church groups, schools and civil groups on a broad range of legal subjects and current legal issues. The office itself is run by Nancy, Theresa and Allison. The office is opened from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday with evening and weekend appointments available.
Drexel University June 1981
Business Administration Bachelor of Science
Oklahoma City University School of Law December 1987
Admitted to Practice
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, May 1988
- U.S. District Court, January 1989
- U.S. District Court of Appeals, February 1989
- U.S. Supreme Court, May 1992
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Justian Society
- Lawyers Club
Primary Areas of Concentration
- Personal Injury
- Estate Probate
- Real Estate
Secondary Areas of Concentration
- Social Security
- Workman’s Compensation
Largest Verdicts / Awards
- Settlement for over $6.5 million dollars on a school negligence case – One of the largest settlements in Pennsylvania in 2013.
- One of the highest simple slip and fall jury verdicts in Pennsylvania’s history, $3.2 million dollars.
- Product liability settlement, 1.7 million dollars.
- Slip and fall jury verdict, $1,000,000.
- Product liability mediation settlement, $550,000.
- Failure to diagnose settlement, $600,000.
- Defective elevator verdict, $400,000.
- Other numerous mega-verdicts and settlements.